Windows Media 8 Encoding Utility is a command-line tool for content producers converting pre-recorded audio and video to Windows Media 8 for an on-demand delivery.
Windows Media 8 Encoding Utility offers:
- Encodes Windows Media 8 content for on-demand streaming and download-and-play.
- Enables Two-Pass Encoding to optimize quality for on-demand (streamed or download-and-play) content.
- Supports "True" Variable Bit Rate (VBR) Encoding for download-and-play scenarios.
- True VBR can be applied over the entire duration of a high-motion sequence, ensuring the highest quality.
- Enables Batch Encoding of Windows Media 8, allowing content developers to encode large numbers of pre-recorded media files.